1. Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data is any information relating to an identifiable living person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, address, email address, job title, ISP address etc. Identification can be the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 (the GDPR)
We may make changes to this privacy notice from time to time, we will update the privacy notice and we will publish on our website any new version of this notice.
We will comply with data protection law which requires that personal data we hold about you is:
- used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner;
- collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way incompatible with those purposes;
- relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes;
- accurate and kept up to date;
- retained only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about including any legal obligations for retention; and
- kept securely.
2. Who are we?
Mackay Steelwork & Cladding Ltd is the data controller (contact details below). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
3. Whose personal data we process?
We collect and process personal data about our:
- suppliers and service providers;
- advisers, consultants and other professional experts;
- employees and prospective employees; and enquirers
4. Why we process your personal data and the legal basis for doing so?
We collect and process your personal data:
- to perform the contract we have entered with; and/or
- to comply with our legal obligations; and/or
- with your consent; and/or
- to pursue our legitimate interests (and where your rights do not override our interests).
- to maintain our accounts and records.
5. What personal data we collect?
We may collect various types of personal data (electronically or hard copy) such as, but not limited to:
- Company names and addresses, individual contacts and email addresses, bank details, invoices etc.
- Individual employee names and addresses, dates of birth, next of kin, contact details, N.I. numbers, driving licences details, training records, bank details etc.
- General email addresses.
- Credit checks.
- Information provided through our website.
- Publicly available information such as Companies House etc.
- Third party providers such as debt recovery agencies, contractors, referees relevant to job applications, recruitment agencies etc.
- Employment and education details.
6. Sharing your personal data.
Your personal data and its security is of the highest importance to us and will be treated as strictly confidential but on occasion it may need to be shared in order to fulfil the performance of our relationship with you.
We may share your personal data with, but not limited to:
- regulatory authorities (such as Trading Standards), Government departments (such as HMRC) or the police in order to comply with any legal obligations or to assist in fraud prevention and detection.
- credit agencies (for the purpose of credit risk management), debt collection agencies and professional advisors to enforce or apply the terms of any contracts between us and you.
- third party suppliers where we have subcontracted to them the performance of any or all of our obligations under our contract with you;
- other third parties where we reasonably believe that such action is necessary to comply with a legal obligation, or to protect our rights and property, or act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of our staff or agents, users of our products or services or members of the public.
- health & safety and training providers in order to comply with current legislation and ensure people are safe and properly equipped to do their work.
- pension scheme provider.
7. How long do we keep your personal data?
Your personal data will be retained by us for as long as it is relevant and useful for the purpose for which it was collected or there remains a valid lawful basis for retaining it. We will keep data retention under regular review. For example, accounting information (invoices) will be retained for at least 6 years in line with current tax legislation.
8. Your rights and your personal data.
- The right to request a copy of the personal data which we hold about you (subject access request).
- The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date.
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for us to retain such data.
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time.
- The right to data portability.
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing.
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
9. Contact details.
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact us at:
Mackay Steelwork & Cladding Ltd
Delny Industrial Estate
Tel: 01862 843910
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.